So I'll be teaching that Bible study tomorrow morning (4/24) -- I've never really done a one on one Bible study before, but I think that, Lord willing, we will get along. After all, I don't think we can look at the Bible and be left in awkward silence. Just not that kind of book.
So in total there were two English classes I taught alone this week, not counting all the children's classes I assisted Kathy with. The first was with two junior high boys, and the second was with a very successful businessman. The two junior high boys have a pretty low level of English, and of course, I have a low level of Japanese. Sometimes it can be difficult to solidify the ideas I want to get across, but we mostly work out of a textbook, which streamlines things. It's not easy, but doable with a bit of preparation--Plus it's only a 30 minute class.
The second class I actually enjoyed a lot. The gentleman is very high up in his company, but he's not condescending at all--Extremely friendly and conversational. He does lots of international travel for his company, and wants to learn more English because of it. His English is semi-decent. While not super great, it's enough that I can break down complicated English concepts into simpler English words that he does know. And, for when I just need that one Japanese word, my iPhone dictionary usually does the trick.
Which reminds me--I finally got a phone here in Japan. Much needed! Kathy handed me down her practically mint condition (bless her) iPhone 5s, and upgraded to her coveted iPhone 6+. I prefer Android when it comes to phones, but phones (smartphones especially) are tricky business here in Japan--So I'm not passing down a free iPhone 5s for a mere $80 a month. Seven gigs of data and 4G--Plus, iOS has made some improvements since our last rendezvous. The iPhone 5s is snappy little machine to boot so--Yeah. I'm happy. My beloved Moto G will go into hibernation for the time being.
My ear has seen little change. Still the same hearing loss, swollen feeling, and ringing. I go to the doctor's, yet again, tomorrow. Hopefully something will come of it.
Anyway, I stayed up way later than was probably good for me writing this. I need to wake myself up in time to get ready for Bible study tomorrow. In closing, I'll leave you with the congregation of Agape Seishou Kyoukai sitting down for tea after the service--A weekly practice at the church.
つづく。見ていますか? この偽光。

No comments:
Post a Comment